Saturday, January 19, 2013

Clay Pot Projects

 Clay Pot Man

Instruction site for making the Clay Pot Man:

http://familycrafts.about.com/od/claypotcrafts/ss/Clay-Flower-Pot-Person-Craft.htm


Lessons Learned:

1.) I used sisal rope and over time it has stretched (one of these days I'll have to redo it).


2.) I used an indoor/outdoor clear spray coating to seal the pots BUT for some reason, after a very hot summer, they turned   cloudy and bad looking.  Now the pots are sealed with a "clay" color spray paint and after 7 months they still look good.


Clay Pot Chimes 

Made with (3) 4" pots and  (3) 1" pots. 
Wood beads are on top.




Tipsy Pots

Instruction site for making Tipsy Pots: 

Lessons Learned:

1.)  Do NOT use the light pots (resin? not sure what they're made of).  After a couple of months, they totally collapsed (I wished I had taken a picture)!  I had even planted real flowers in the pots which I normally don't do.  I'm a big believer in very low mainteneance as in, rocks, fake flowers and rubber mulch!     

I redid the  Tipsy Pots with clay pots and pinecones - it is winter! 



No comments:

Post a Comment