Friday, May 31, 2013

Super Simple Bed Canopy & Wrought Iron Headboard



 Super Simple Bed Canopy

1.) Take 2 curtain rods the width of the bed (mine is king size) and attach 1 to the wall and 1 to the ceiling.

2.) Hang curtains on the wall rod first then hang the curtains on the ceiling rod and drape the curtains behind the wall curtains.

I used curtains I already had but if I had bought them for this project I would have longer ones hanging behind the wall curtains so you wouldn't see them.



Wrought Iron Headboard 
Making a Full Size Into a King

The full size wrought iron bed was found at a junk store, after digging around in the poorly lit back room.  

1.) The welder cut the footboard and welded it to the headboard making it King size.

2.) Had the headboard sandblasted and primed.

3.) I spray painted it black and after it dried I took a sponge dipped in gold accent paint and just dapped it on. 

4.) Finished with a clear coat to protect the paint job.

5.) Attached it to the wall - It's heavy!



The cat thinks it's all for her!


No comments:

Post a Comment